WHAT HAPPENED?

What happened to patience?

It came in too late,
So I served my plate
And quickly ate!
Now I hate
Why I had this haste
Its time gone to waste

What happened to you?

No. it’s what did not happen to me…
There were rocks, stones then pebbles,
There was water, mud then dust
It was the wind, the rain and the storm
Or the sun that tanned my skin-
-and came with the thirst!
It was the ambition
Like an adrenalin injection
That led me to depression
So everyday there was tension
Perfection became an obsession
Ooh! The mistakes, the blunders and errors
Like knives, stabbing me multiple times,
Again, it’s not what happened to me,
It is what is happening!

What happens now?

The rubber is still on the road,
Everything I was told
By the young and old,
I treasure and honor  like a chest of gold!
So I am out here, am better and bold
Everything right will unfold,
The rubber-has met the road!

No comments: